Sunday, October 23, 2005

|* painting. Sali Ariel

"I went to Tel Aviv's Allenby street with my usual disposable camera, and started taking pictures, Usually, I would wait till they were no people in the viewfinder, but this time, I waited till I had people walk through. I tried to get them when they were close in the foreground and had their backs to me. This one worked out just right. The real man had a blue checkered shirt but he really was wearing a yarmulka". - Sali Ariel on creating of "Joseph's Dream"

Sali Ariel is an artist from Israel. Her paintings are so simple, but yet so touching. Very tender and mirage-like. I was really astonished, when I came across her virtual galleries. She is also keeping the blog "Horsefeathers: Ramblings of an Oklahoma Girl Transplanted to the Middle East", where she writes about the creation process and details of the paintings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home